Freeze!

Freeze frames are used in drama to make a visual picture, like a photograph, to show characters in a scene or series of scenes. The freeze is held for several seconds to clearly show through the actions and facial expression what the characters are feeling and how they are feeling about other characters in the scene. A series of freeze frames can be used to tell a story. Freeze frames offer a useful way of capturing and conveying meaning, since groups can convey much more than they would be able to through words alone.

When we unfreeze a person in a scene by tapping them on the shoulder (called thought tracking) we can find out more about their character’s thoughts and feelings in the scene.

2 thoughts on “Freeze!

1. Hey Mrs Armocida, how are you doing? If you’re wondering how I am I’m doing great! -Asia~Senpai

• Hi Asia,

what a lovely surprise! Glad to hear you’re doing great. I’m great too! We are back in the Art room for the rest of the year creating beautiful artwork. Take care of yourself and hopefully you can visit us soon! 🙂